There are many ways that parents can be involved with their child's education and our school.
The purpose of the school council is to advise the school on matters as they pertain to school on matters as they pertain to school improvement, policies, organization and activities including the following:
- Developing and delivering programs
- Budgeting and Allocating Resources
- Communications and Community Relations
The Vera M. Welsh School Council will be composed of:
- Six (6) parents, elected by parents
- Three (3) school staff, elected by school staff
- One (1) principal (ex-officio)
- One (1) community member - elected by school council (when possible)
School council meetings are usually held monthly. Parents are invited to school council meetings which are advertised in the school newsletters.
Vera M. Welsh staff and students need you to help Create a Positive School! The CAPS volunteers may be involved in the following kinds of activities that contribute to a positive school climate for the students:
- Special Events
- Student Activities
- Classroom/School Assistance
- Material/Clerical prep
- Reading buddies
- Assisting students
Please contact your child's teacher or the school if you would like to assist in any way. If you require additional information, please contact the school.