Report Cards for our grade 1 through 3 students are almost complete and will be sent home with students on Monday, November 30th. If your child is not at school on Monday, we will email the report card to you so that you are able to review the report card before you meet with the teacher. Parent teacher interviews are scheduled for Tuesday December 1st and Wednesday December 2nd. Our Parent Teacher Interviews will take place by phone or virtually through Google Meet.
We are restricting access to the school for the next three weeks. This means that parents will not be able to come into the school without an appointment. The only exception to this is for parents who have children in Preschool or in the On My Way program if it is necessary to help their children transition into the classroom. We look forward to the day when all this is behind us but we certainly appreciate your cooperation with us as we seek to reduce the social interaction here at the school for the next three weeks.
The Alberta Government has mandated that schools will remain closed to students between January 4th and January 11th. Staff will be returning to work on the 4th and students are expected to participate in the lessons that will be provided for the week. We will provide more information about what this will look like by the middle of December.
Home – School Communication
Good communication between the school and home is very important to us and we are working to provide numerous ways for this good communication to take place.
We have attached a December Calendar to this email. Your child will also receive a paper copy of this calendar from their teacher to bring home.
- There is no school on Friday December 4th.
- Watch for class newsletters from your child's teacher within the next week.
- Please ensure we have an accurate email address that you check regularly. If you are not receiving any email from us, then it probably means we have incorrect information on our end.
- Please sign up for the digital tools that Northern Lights has provided. These include:
- Please talk with your child’s teacher abut Google Classroom and how it can be used as a communication tool.
- Please follow us on Facebook (Vera M. Welsh Elementary School NLSD 69)
- Please visit our website at ca
- Please feel free to email us (email@example.com) or call us at 780-623-4672
Thanks for your interest in reading this far. Please remember that if you have specific questions that you can always email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call me at 780-623-4672.